Monday, January 17, 2022

North Carolina

I have been locked out of this blog for a long time and finally got back in. IO am so thankful! A lot of changes between the last post and this one. We now only have 2 of our 5 kids at home. Frederick got his own place, Abigail got married and Josiah joined the Marines. We are now in North Carolina. We moved here several years ago to be closer to Fred's family. 

Fred and I brought Kaitlynn to stay with Abigail. She lives in Southern Pines since her marriage to Adam. He is gone to Fort Campbell to train for Special Ops. When we got to Southern Pines, Abigail was without power. There had been an ice storm and her power was out for just over 24 hours. It came back on when we were about half way home. We took the girls out for lunch at Waffle House and then headed straight back home. Miah had to work at 4pm and we got home just in time to bring him to Chick Fil A. We then played WOW. We have played this game on and off for 17 years. 

I bought 2 oil lamps off of Facebook Marketplace. I have been looking for a month or so to buy some. I need to grab some oil for them. I think Walmart has some even though the shelf holding the actual lamps has been empty every time I have checked recently. I think they will be helpful during hurricane season. I was thankful to find them and thankful that the seller met us at CVS when we were already out. 

No comments: