Sunday, October 12, 2008

*~Happy Birthday~*

It was Bubbas birthday yesterday. He is now 8 years old. How fast the time flies!! We had a family b-day party for him this year. Last year he had 2 parties, one family (my in-laws were visiting) and one with his friends! So this year we just did a family party :) He was happy, and we were happy. He's a very easy to please child and for that I am thankful. I also brought him to McDonalds (his choice) for a Happy meal and to Wal-Mart where he picked out a small gift. It was nice to go out just him and I. We had a great time and lots of laughs! I do so enjoy spending time with my children. You would think after home schooling them and being together all the time, I would want to get away more than I do. I guess I often remind myself these days will be over too soon and I will be alone and to enjoy them now. Not that they don't drive me crazy some days, because believe me, they do :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are right! And I love your header!!

Steph

MyKidsMom said...

Happy Birthday Bubba!!

Eight is a great age, don't you think?

I completely agree with your sentiment concerning loving to be with your kids. I'm not sure non-homeschoolers would understand it exactly. It does take so much out of us teaching our kids (not to mention testing our sanity;) but it makes me so happy to get to spend that much more time with them. I know it's something I will definitely never regret. And it would be a horrible thing to look back and wish you had spent more time with your kids. Raising kids is certainly a fun adventure.